Carolina Cruz is an art director, animator and illustrator based in Berlin.
She grew up in Santiago de Chile playing lots of Atari. After studying Interior Design in her hometown, she moved to Barcelona, where she earned a degree in Industrial and Textile Design from the renowned Massana School of Arts.
In 2005 she moved to Berlin, where she is currently completing a Master’s in Animation Direction at the Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf. Her final project, La Radio (The Radio), will be a short stop-motion animation inspired by childhood memories of living under dictatorship in Chile.
Much of her work today is still influenced by the TV and video games of her childhood.
Carolina is open to collaborations with other artists and available for commissioned work. She is especially interested in projects for good with NGOs and non-profit organizations.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com
Selected Screening and Festivals
- 24th Regensburg Short Film Week, 14-21 March 2018
- Pictoplasma Character Walk, Installation “My Life Is a video Game”, 10-14 May Berlin 2018
- 15th Bogotá Short Film Festival – BOGOSHORTS, 5-12 December 2017
- 19th Soria International Short Film Festival, 12-26 November 2017
- 10th KLIK Amsterdam Animation Festival, 17-22 October 2017
- Anifilm Třeboň, 7-12 May 2016
- Urban Spree, Berlin 2015 – Pictoplasma Academy All-Stars Show 2015
- México Aca, 2a muestra de cine mexicano en Uruguay, 4-9 November 2014
- Neurotitan, Berlin 2014 – Bajo el concreto… La Selva
- Istanbul Animation Festival, 21-27 November 2013
- International Eksjö Animation Festival, 5 – 12 June 2013
- Docs Barcelona International Documentary Film Festival, 28 May-2 June 2013
- DocsDF – International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City, 24 October-3 November 2013